Friday 1 June 2012

Need to prioritise

I have been rather hammered by the vomiting bug, and have managed to pull some muscles during the whole experience so now I can't cough, sneeze or laugh.  And with evil cat, darling father and little bear, being able to laugh is very necessary.

We go on holiday tomorrow.  The house will never have been ready anyway, because it was appalling, despite the good work I managed on Monday.  However I had hoped to be a little further forward with clothes washed/ironed. 

I also need to go through the cupboards and see what will keep.  Then I need to get everything set out nicely for Nice Mr Next Door who will be taking his life in his hands and feeding evil cat.  Actually she quite likes Nice Mr Next Door but she has certainly walloped him in the past, and one time while we were away she drew blood. 

And furthermore, I need to get the carpet underneath little bear's table disinfected.  Not only is little bear a generous distributor of crumbs, he also leaves things for evil cat to steal to eat under his table.  And darling father feeds evil cat from his plate for her to eat under little bear's table.  The sooner I can afford laminate there the better, but I am getting some skull and crossbones oil cloth under there when we get back, in the hope that it will act like a crumb tray.


We don't actually have to leave here particularly early, as we are not going particularly far.  So some things can be postponed until tomorrow.  And I don't really need to order any food as we will be just five minutes on the flat away from a large Co-op.  But I do need to get a supermarket order in for when we get back, as I am not sure what will be happening.  And to add to the mix, OH is off the week following, so I won't get anything done then either. 

I have no idea what to do first.  I think I need a strong lunch and then I think I will get the clothes sorted.  Onward and upward!

No comments: